Occupy Wall Street: One Year Anniversary (Help bring on the peace…)
Below is a list of activities happening on September 15th, Sept 16th, and Sept 17th, to celebrate the one year anniversary of Occupy Wall Street. PeaceSmiths, Inc. applauds the efforts of Occupy Wall Street!
If you go to any occupy activities, it would be wonderful to bring a sign that said PEACE or END The WARS!
On September 22, 2011, the New York City General Assembly of Occupy Wall Street released a “One Demand” document (it included over a dozen demands). Included in it were the following lines:
On September 21st, 2011, America had military bases in around one hundred and thirty out of one hundred and sixty-five countries.
Ending American imperialism is our one demand.
On September 21st, 2011, America was at war with the world.
Ending war is our one demand…
Here are notes and calendar items from a press release from Occupy Wall Street:
September 15, 16, and 17 Anniversary Plans Set
Pushback against 1% greed, outcry for economic justice!
“ALL ROADS LEAD TO WALL STREET”
For the anniversary of Occupy Wall Street (OWS), September 15, 16 and 17, under the banner All Roads Lead to Wall Street three days of education, celebration and resistance to economic injustice are planned — with convergences and assemblies, concerts, and some of OWS’s famous direct action planned for 7 AM on September 17 (also known as S17) at the New York Stock Exchange. See full schedule below.
There’s an array of events signaling lots of energy as OWS begins year two. All offer story ideas and possible availabilities with activists. Sunday’s concert and Monday’s civil disobedience will be especially vibrant and visual with good turnout expected. For more details and last minute changes: s17nyc.org/schedule
SAT. SEPT 15: EDUCATION ~ Washington Square Park
The day’s events are about connecting with a broader community, teach-ins, skillshares, assemblies, public workshops and more. Looking for a chance to see how OWS organizing works, how movement veterans and newcomers interact? Saturday’s activities have many opportunities to tell those stories.
- 10:30am-12:30pm – Welcome and Orientation Activities, Lunch
- 12:30pm-4pm – Inaugural Assembly and Thematic Breakout Groups
- 4pm-7pm – Direct Action & Know Your Rights Training* + Closing Assembly
- 7:30pm-9pm – Debt Resistors’ Operation Manual Exclusive Preview Event, Judson Church
- 8-10:00pm – S17 Affinity Group Spokescouncil
- 10am-1pm – Spectra Frack Pipeline Blast Zone March with the Occupy Guitarmy, who will lead a musical march through the village to Foley Square. (Meet at Gansevoort and Hudson River Greenway)
- 12-5pm – Educational/community-oriented Occupy Town Square (Thomas Paine Park)
- 1pm-6pm – “99 REVOLUTIONS”, concert featuring Tom Morello, Jello Biafra, Das Racist, Rebel Diaz, Michelle Shocked, and more. (Foley Square)
- 6:30pm – Direct Action & Know Your Rights Training* (Foley Square)
- 7:30pm – Occupy Rosh Hashanah Services (Liberty Square/Zuccotti Park)
- 7am – The People’s Wall, a non-violent civil disobedience at the Stock Exchange.* + 99 Revolutions: a swirl of mobile intersection occupations throughout the Financial District which will spring from the People’s Wall Action. (Final tipsheet will be out Sunday regarding Monday’s protest and meeting locations)
- 10am – Storm Wall Street, an ecologically themed convergence for a sustainable future (Bowling Green)
- 12-2pm – The 99% Return to Wall Street, this assembly will bring together Union workers and leadership, economics experts, faith, community members, students and occupiers to let our voices be heard once more at (Liberty Square/Zuccotti Park)
- 6-8pm – Popular Assembly (Foley Square)
Occupy Wall Street won’t stop until the 99% gets what it deserves–economic justice.
For more info on the #S17 visit http://www.s17nyc.org
Entry filed under: Action Alert, Anti-War, march, news, non-violence, Peace. Tags: #ows, #S17, occupy, Occupy Peace, Occupy Wall Street and peace, Occupy Wall Street Anniversary, Occupy Wall Street demands.